Our Orthopedics Coordinator is available to assist you every step of the way – from helping prepare for surgery with a pre-surgery joint replacement education class, to coordinating your post-operative and rehabilitation needs.
In order to be fully prepared and develop a complete understanding of the process, we encourage our patients to attend our Pre-Surgery Joint Replacement Education Class before their surgery. The goal of this class is to educate the patient on what to expect before, during and after the Joint Replacement Surgery.
The Pre-Surgery Joint Replacement Education Class will educate the patient on:
- The importance of nutrition before, during and after surgery
- Safety and importance of preparing the home for return after surgery
- Details of the pre-admission testing process
- What to pack for your hospital stay
- Pain scale and the importance of pain management after surgery
- Importance of blood clot prevention, pneumonia prevention and equipment used after surgery
- Role of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy after surgery
- Role of Case Management with discharge planning
The staff will conclude the class with a special time for the patient to get answers to any questions they may have. Patients are welcomed and encouraged to review the class presentation before attending.
Florida Hospital Waterman
1000 Waterman Way
Tavares, FL 32778